The FSU offensive line is where the coaching staff has arguably worked most of its magic with the transfer portal. However, it’s also where they have stockpiled a ton of talent waiting in the wings after the 2023 season.
FSU offensive line coach Alex Atkins has developed some high school players he inherited like Darius Washington, Maurice Smith, and Robert Scott. They signed one of the best offensive line classes in the 2022 recruiting cycle.
However, instead of thrusting into action too early and risking injury and delayed development, they signed transfer players to plug and play.
This move allowed the offensive line to be more competitive because the players had experience and were physically ready to play.
It also allowed the young guys to get bigger and stronger and learn from those older guys. Here’s a list of guys that could begin contributing in 2024:
- Julian Armella (2022 four-star signee)
- Jaylen Early (2022 four-star signee)
- Qae’shon Sapp (2022 four-star signee)
- Daughtry Richardson (2022 three-star signee)
- Kanaya Charlton (2022 three-star signee)
- Bryson Estes (2021 three-star signee)
- Thomas Shrader (2020 three-star signee)
We’ll likely see some of these guys in the second half of games when FSU is blowing the doors off a few inferior opponents on the schedule.