The ‘Noles had another slow week on the recruiting trail as high school prospects began their seasons, but they still managed to pick up a commitment from a stud defensive tackle. Here’s this week’s FSU recruiting recap:
- The ‘Noles offered 2019 prospect Peter Hayes-Patrick. He is the younger brother of 2015 RB and FSU target Jacques Patrick.
- 2016 four-star wide receiver Tavares Chase is planning on visiting FSU for the Clemson game, on September 20th. Chase is currently ranked as the 30th WR in the 2016 class, and he is thought to be an FSU-lean at this time.
- Kris Boyd announced on Twitter that he would be taking an official visit to FSU. The 2015 defensive back prospect is currently one of the ‘Noles top targets. ChopChat will keep you posted on what date Boyd will visit.
- 2015 five-star defensive back Tarvarus McFadden named FSU his leader at the beginning of the summer. He recently stated that Georgia and LSU have caught up to the ‘Noles for his services. McFadden is thought to be the ‘Noles top target at the defensive back position.
- 2016 four-star weakside defensive end Josh Brown will be returning to FSU when the ‘Noles host Clemson on September 20th. FSU has led for Brown’s services since offering in the spring.
- 2015 four-star defensive tackle Darvin Taylor committed to Florida State on Thursday. He becomes the second DT commit of the 2015 cycle. The ‘Noles entered the 2015 recruting cycle with a major need at defensive tackle. You can read my full analysis of Taylor here.
Tags: Florida State Seminoles