Florida State has stayed busy on the recruiting trail recently, and here are some of the recent developments in FSU recruiting.
- The ‘Noles added a commitment from 4-star running back Johnny Frasier. Frasier was expected to commit to FSU, but the timing was relatively surprising. You can read my analysis of him here. Look for the Seminoles to take at least one more running back in the 2015 class.
- 2017 WR commit D.J. Matthews was recently ranked as a 5-star prospect by 247sports.com. He also tweeted out that his recruitment “is not over.” That shouldn’t come as a surprise, seeing as he won’t sign for another two and a half years.
- We’re still waiting on a commitment date from 2015 5-star athlete George Campbell (pictured). His recruitment continues to trend toward FSU.
- FSU commit D.J. Jones says South Carolina, Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama are still pushing for his services. That’s not surprising, as Jones is one of the top defensive tackles in the 2015 class.
- 2016 5-star TE Issac Nauta will visit Tallahassee for the Clemson game September 20th. FSU has long been considered the favorite for the top TE prospect.
- 2017 5-star offensive tackle Calvin Ashley recently named FSU his leader, with South Carolina following close behind. He is currently ranked as the nation’s No. 6 overall prospect.
- 2015 5-stars Iman Marshall (DB) and Terry Beckner Jr. (DL) will take official visits to FSU. The dates of the visits are unknown, as of now. Both seem like long shots right now, but getting them on campus could change things.
- 2016 5-star DE Shavar Manuel released a top five of Miami, Alabama, Virginia Tech, USC, and FSU. He’s currently ranked as the No. 2 overall prospect.
- 2015 4-star DT Darvin Taylor is scheduled to announce his college decision Thursday, August 28th. He will choose from Alabama, Virginia Tech, and FSU. Expect Taylor to announce his commitment to Florida State. He’s the composite No. 16 DT.
Tags: Florida State Seminoles