While the Seminoles maintain that they’ll break fall camp after Saturday’s practice, the defending champs today began preparation for their opening opponent, Oklahoma State. There was a noticeable jump in intensity– even the vibe during stretching was more focused, and the team took the field to defensive ends coach Sal Sunseri yelling out “it’s showtime!” Included below are more details from today’s proceedings in our FSU practice report.
- The offense and defense switched jersey colors– the offense wore white, and the defense was in garnet.
- Starting cornerbacks Ronald Darby and P.J. Williams returned to limited practice today, after missing time with tweaked hamstrings. Marquez White and Nick Waisome continued to work as the starters.
- Linebacker Matthew Thomas again did not practice. Reggie Northrup took first-team reps with Terrance Smith. Freshman worked into the scheme were Trey Marshall, Rick Leonard, Jacob Pugh, and Lorenzo Featherston.
- Also dressed out, for the first time in fall camp, was running back Ryan Green, who has some catching up to do.
- The offense showed a two-back shotgun look, in which QB Jameis Winston took snaps with FB Freddie Stevensonon on his left and RB Karlos Williams on his right. FSU also showed a four-wide look that featured Williams split wide.
- The offense also showed a reverse, with Levonte “Kermit” Whitfield getting the ball.
- Although he still works primarily as a receiver, John Franklin III remains in a green QB jersey. Troy Cook and J.J. Cosentino donned scout team jerseys, so Jimbo Fisher is probably more comfortable with Franklin still getting third-team quarterback snaps this early in the season.
- Starting offensive linemen Cam Erving and Josue Matias were back in pads today as well.
- The kick return units assembled again, and the starting returners remain Whitfield and Williams. Dalvin Cook and Jesus “Bobo” Wilson are the second-team deep men.
- There were a plethora of professional scouts at the practice, including personel from the Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans, and St. Louis Rams.
Tags: Florida State Seminoles