We here at ChopChat have been working feverishly to prepare Seminoles fans for the FSU fall camp, which begins later today. We will be at camp all August to relay stories and images from the Seminoles’ quest to repeat as national champions, but, in case you missed it, here is complete FSU Fall camp preview as we head into an August riddled with pressing questions and issues for the ‘Noles.
- Florida State’s 2013 season will certainly never be forgotten by ‘Noles fans. But can the Seminoles match it in 2014? As loaded as FSU remains, the Seminoles won’t be able to match 2013.
- Florida State’s 2014 team will look quite a bit different from last year’s. The Seminoles had seven players drafted by the NFL last Spring, and six more are currently in NFL camps.
- The Seminoles fielded yet another top recruiting class in 2014, and fall camp always means new faces. Here are five newcomers who could make an immediate impact.
- Newcomers aside, several returning Florida State players are poised to break out this season– and FSU will need them, as it looks to replace all of that aforementioned talent. Here are five players looking to step up this year.
- FSU returns a Heisman quarterback, five seniors on the offensive line and one of the most talented secondaries in the nation, but there are still a number of camp battles to watch over the next month.
- Myriad questions face the defending champions. Our editors tackle a few of the most prominent in this roundtable piece.
- What do the nation’s coaches think about where FSU stands? Their initial rankings speak volumes.
- USA Today likes the Seminoles. Jeff Sagarin’s computer ratings do not. The MIT mathematics graduate’s ratings have always been controversial, and this year’s preseason numbers do not disappoint. You’ll be amazed just how close his formula has Florida State to its first 2014 opponent, the Oklahoma State Cowboys.
Patrik Nohe and I will have daily updates from camp in Tallahassee, including coverage of press conferences, interviews with coaches and players, and analysis on several position battles. Stick with ChopChat throughout August for our credentialed coverage of the Florida State Seminoles’ preparation for Dallas and the season to come.
Tags: Florida State Seminoles